I recently had the opportunity to try out the Corsair RM1000x (2021) Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, and I have to say, it exceeded my expectations. As someone who values efficiency and reliability in a power supply, I was thoroughly impressed with the performance and features of this product. In this review, I’ll be sharing my experiences and thoughts on the RM1000x.
Pros and Cons
What We Liked
- The fully modular design allowed for easy cable management and improved airflow within my case. I only needed to connect the cables that my system required, reducing clutter and improving aesthetics.
- The 135mm ML fan with magnetic levitation bearing provided excellent cooling performance while operating silently under regular loads. The Zero RPM fan mode ensured complete silence during idle or low-power usage scenarios.
- The RM1000x delivered on its promise of unwavering power and reliability. With 100% industrial-grade, 105°C rated Japanese capacitors, I felt confident in the longevity and stability of my system.
- The efficiency of the RM1000x, with its 80 PLUS Gold certification, not only helped reduce energy consumption and associated costs but also contributed to a cooler-running system.
- The EPS12V connector ensured compatibility with modern graphics cards and motherboards, allowing me to power my high-end components without any issues.
What Can Be Improved
- The size of the RM1000x may be a concern for users with smaller PC cases. It is larger than some other power supplies on the market, so it’s essential to ensure compatibility before purchase.
- The packaging and accessories provided with the power supply felt a bit cheap for a premium product. Improved packaging and additional accessories, such as a cable bag and start-up test plug, would have been appreciated.
The Corsair RM1000x (2021) Fully Modular ATX Power Supply is an exceptional choice for those seeking a high-quality, efficient, and silent power supply for their PC builds. With its fully modular design, low-noise fan, excellent build quality, and reliable performance, it delivers on all fronts. While it may not be suitable for smaller cases, it’s a solid choice for most standard ATX cases. If you’re looking for a power supply that combines power, efficiency, and quiet operation, the RM1000x is definitely worth considering. You can find more information about the product here.
Unboxing – What’s Inside?
I recently purchased the Corsair RM1000x (2021) Fully Modular ATX Power Supply – 80 PLUS Gold – Low-Noise Fan – Zero RPM – Black RMx 1000W from Amazon. Being in the USA, I ordered it online and it arrived within a week, which was pretty fast.
Inside the box, I found the following items:
- The Corsair RM1000x Power Supply
- Modular cables for easy customization
- User guide and documentation
Here are the specifications of the Corsair RM1000x:
- Brand: Corsair
- Model Name: RM1000x
- Manufacturer: Corsair
- Color: Black
- Item Dimensions (LxWxH): 7.09 x 5.91 x 3.39 inches
- Product Dimensions: 7.09 x 5.91 x 3.39 inches
- Item Weight: 4.4 pounds
- Item model number: CP-9020201-NA
- Series: RM1000x
- Form Factor: ATX
- Cooling Method: Air
- Wattage: 1000 watts
- Output Wattage: 1000
- Connector Type: EPS
- Compatible Devices: Personal Computer
The user guide and documentation that came with the Corsair RM1000x were really helpful. They provided step-by-step instructions on how to install and connect the power supply to my computer. The guide also explained all the different modular cables and their uses, which made cable management a breeze. You can find the user guide here.
Features – What We Found
Fully Modular Design
The Corsair RM1000x (2021) power supply features a fully modular design, allowing you to connect only the cables that are necessary for your system. This not only improves cable management and airflow within your PC case but also makes installation and customization easier. You can easily remove or replace cables without having to deal with unnecessary clutter.
Pro-tip: When connecting the cables, make sure to refer to the user manual to identify the correct ports on the power supply and the corresponding connectors on your components. This will ensure a secure and reliable connection.
Low-Noise Fan with Zero RPM Mode
The power supply is equipped with a 135mm ML fan that utilizes a magnetic levitation bearing and custom-engineered rotors. This advanced fan technology not only delivers high-performance cooling but also operates quietly, minimizing noise levels during operation. The Zero RPM mode allows the fan to stop spinning under low-load conditions, further reducing noise and improving overall silence in your system.
Pro-tip: To maximize the efficiency of the Zero RPM mode, ensure that your system is well-cooled and properly ventilated. This will help keep the power supply operating at lower loads, allowing the fan to remain silent for longer periods.
Compatibility with Modern Graphics Cards and Motherboards
The Corsair RM1000x (2021) power supply features an EPS12V connector, which ensures compatibility with modern graphics cards and motherboards. This connector provides the necessary power and stability required by high-performance components, allowing you to build a powerful gaming or workstation system without any compatibility issues.
Pro-tip: Before purchasing the power supply, check the power requirements of your graphics card and motherboard. Ensure that the wattage and connectors provided by the RM1000x (2021) meet or exceed the specifications of your components to ensure optimal performance and stability.
Industrial-Grade Japanese Capacitors for Unwavering Power
The RM1000x (2021) power supply is built with 100% industrial-grade, 105°C rated Japanese capacitors. These capacitors are known for their superior quality and reliability, ensuring unwavering power delivery to your system. The high-temperature rating guarantees the capacitors’ durability and stability even under demanding conditions, making the power supply a reliable choice for long-term usage.
Pro-tip: When using the power supply in extreme environments or under heavy loads, ensure that your system has sufficient cooling to avoid excessive heat buildup. Providing adequate airflow around the power supply and components will help maintain optimal performance and extend the lifespan of the capacitors.
Supports Modern Standby Sleep Mode
The Corsair RM1000x (2021) power supply supports Modern Standby sleep mode, which enables extremely fast wake-from-sleep times and improves low-load efficiency. This feature reduces system power consumption during idle periods by keeping certain components in a low-power state while still allowing instant access to your system when needed. It ensures energy savings without sacrificing responsiveness.
Pro-tip: To take full advantage of the Modern Standby sleep mode, enable this feature in your system’s power settings and configure your operating system to use this low-power state when the system is idle. This will optimize energy efficiency and enhance the overall user experience without compromising performance.
Our Review and More
Our Score: 93.0
I recently purchased the Corsair RM1000x (2021) Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, and I must say, I am extremely impressed with its performance and features. Corsair has always been known for delivering high-quality power supplies, and the RM1000x is no exception.
First and foremost, the efficiency of the RM1000x is outstanding. With its 80 PLUS Gold certification, it delivers excellent power efficiency, ensuring that my system consumes less energy and runs cooler. This not only helps in reducing electricity bills but also contributes to the overall longevity and reliability of my system.
The fully modular design of the RM1000x is a game-changer. It allows for easy cable management, as I can connect only the cables I need and keep the rest neatly stored away. This not only enhances the aesthetics of my build but also improves airflow within the case. The modular design also makes installation a breeze, as I can effortlessly connect the required cables without any clutter or hassle.
Other Options To Go For
Looking for alternatives to the Corsair RM1000x (2021) Fully Modular ATX Power Supply? Consider these similar products that offer similar features and benefits:
- Corsair RM1000e (2023) Fully Modular Low-Noise ATX Power Supply – ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 Compliant – 105°C-Rated Capacitors – 80 Plus Gold Efficiency – Modern Standby Support – Black: This power supply is future-proof with ATX 3.0 and PCIe 5.0 compliance. It features 105°C-rated capacitors, ensuring long-term reliability. It also supports modern standby mode for efficient power management. Check it out here.
- MSI MPG A1000G PCIE 5 & ATX 3.0 Gaming Power Supply – Full Modular – 80 Plus Gold Certified 1000W – 100% Japanese 105°C Capacitors – Compact Size – ATX PSU: If you’re looking for a compact power supply without compromising performance, this MSI power supply is a great choice. It is fully modular and 80 Plus Gold certified for high efficiency. It also features high-quality Japanese capacitors for reliability. Find it on Amazon.
- ASUS ROG STRIX 1000W Gold PSU, Power Supply: For those who prioritize cooling performance, this ASUS power supply is designed with ROG heatsinks and an Axial-tech fan for efficient heat dissipation. It also features 0dB technology for silent operation under low loads. This fully modular power supply is backed by a 10-year warranty. Explore more about it here.
- EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5, 80 Plus Gold 1000W, Fully Modular, ECO Mode with Fdb Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply: If you value compactness and energy efficiency, this EVGA power supply ticks all the boxes. It features a fully modular design for easy cable management and comes with a 10-year warranty for peace of mind. Check it out on Amazon.
These alternate power supply options offer similar reliability, efficiency, and performance as the Corsair RM1000x. Whether you’re looking for future-proof features, compactness, or enhanced cooling, these alternatives have you covered. Click on the links to learn more and make an informed decision based on your specific needs.